Tuesday 29 May 2012

Filofax Apex Hack

So much for not making regular blog posts...what can I say but that Filofax has a certain effect on me and I can't go a day without thinking about 'em - hah!

This one's quick.

I love the Apex (eek! Did I just say that?) for the material's resistance to otherwise potentially damaging alcohol wipes (I work in a hospital and like to disinfect it regularly to prevent the possible spread of infection)...but, I got really sick of the super-long elastic.

Hack: shorten the damn elastic. 

You can easily access the elastic end from behind the inner pocket, it turns out. A permanent solution could be to use pliers and move the metal clip, then trim the elastic. For the sake of speed (and the fact that I may want to return the elastic to normal one day) I knotted it, and it does the treat spectacularly.


Domino-esque, no?


4 comments:

  1. Yay for putting an Apex to good use! I admit that there are not many Filofax models out there who could take alcohol wipes without looking molested ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely hard to like the Apex at first, but as soon as I realised it could withstand the wipes my attitude changed completely. It's lightweight, not easily misplaced amongst the paperwork because of that beautiful green, and I gotta admit the texture and feel is growing on me...it serves its purpose ^_^

      Delete
  2. Yay! good to know Apex can be loved as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your blogette. I came to it because of a comment of your I read on Plannerisms (I think).

    ReplyDelete